Personal Data Protection Policy
UBE Group (Thailand) (hereinafter referred to as “UGT” or the “Companies”) recognizes that managing and protecting personal data properly is our important responsibility. We, therefore, have established the Personal Data Protection Policy (hereinafter referred to as the “Policy”) to comply with the Personal Data Protection Act, B.E. 2562 (2019) of Thailand for the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data of our employees, customers, contractors, suppliers and any other persons who disclose their Personal Data to UGT.
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to a person, which enables the identification of such person, whether directly or indirectly, but not including the information of the deceased persons in particular.
- “Sensitive Personal Data” means Personal Data pertaining to racial, ethnic origin, political opinions, cult, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual behavior, criminal records, health data, disability, trade union information, genetic data, biometric data, or of any data which may affect the data subject in the same manner, as prescribed by the Personal Data Protection Committee.
- “UBE Group (Thailand) or UGT” means the companies namely as follows:
- UBE Chemicals (Asia) Public Company Limited;
- THAI SYNTHETIC RUBBERS COMPANY LIMITED;
- UBE Fine Chemicals (Asia) Co., Ltd.;
- UBE Technical Center (Asia) Limited;
- RAYONG FERTILIZER TRADING CO., LTD.; and
- UBE (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
2. Collection of Personal Data
UGT shall collect Personal Data with the lawful and fair methods to the extent as necessary in relation to its business operation and the purposes as defined in the scope of the Companies’ objectives and for compliance with the laws or legal requirements.
Disclaimer: In case UGT obtains your Personal Data and receives your Sensitive Personal Data without any intention to collect your Sensitive Personal Data, UGT requested you to delete or conceal your Sensitive Personal Data. If you do not proceed with such data erasure, UGT reserves our right to act as we do not obtain such Sensitive Personal Data.
3. Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
UGT shall use and disclose Personal Data for carrying out its activities in relation to its business operation and the purposes as defined in the scope of the Companies’ objectives and for compliance with the laws or legal requirements as mentioned above and for the purpose notified to you prior to or at the time of such collection.
The use or disclosure of Personal Data shall not be conducted in a manner that is different from the purpose previously notified to you in accordance with the above paragraph, unless:
- You have been informed of such new purpose and the consent is obtained prior to the time of use or disclosure;
- it can be done by the provisions of the laws.
4. Protection of Personal Data
UGT has the adequate and strict security measures in accordance with this Policy to prevent disclosure of Personal Data by establishing the security system for the disclosure of Personal Data to outsiders to prohibit unauthorized or unlawful use of Personal Data. UGT shall encourage its employees to recognize their duties of Personal Data protection and to follow this Policy strictly.
5. Personal Data Retention Period
UGT shall retain your Personal Data for the necessary duration of the purposes provided herein. UGT may retain your Personal Data for a period longer than the mentioned period as required by law or for legal compliance.
6. Your Rights to Your Personal Data
You have the rights to your Personal Data as follows:
- Right to withdraw your consent
- Right to access to your Personal Data
- Right to correct your Personal Data
- Right to erase or destroy your Personal Data
- Right to restriction for the use of your Personal Data
- Right to transfer your Personal Data
- Right to object to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data; and
- Any other rights under the Personal Data Protection Act, B.E. 2562 (2019) of Thailand
In case you will exercise you right as mentioned above, please send your written request to UGT at the Contact Information given below. UGT shall consider your request and reply you within thirty (30) days as from the date of receiving your written request. However, UGT reserve our right to deny or not proceed your request subject to exception by applicable laws.
7. Contact Information
Any questions or requests on the Personal Data protection to UGT can be addressed to the following channels.
UBE Group (Thailand)
98 Sathorn Square Office Tower, 18th Floor,
North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
8. Amendment to Personal Data Protection Policy
UGT reserve our right to amend or modify this Policy without prior notice to you. The amended policy shall indicate the date of its latest amendment and shall be published on website of UGT. You may access to website of UGT by going to www.ube.co.th and select “Personal Data Protection Policy”.
9. Effectiveness of Personal Data Protection Policy
This Personal Data Protection Policy of UGT shall be effective as from April 1, 2021 onwards.